Saturday, May 19, 2012

Grand Prix Cycliste de Gatineau, Chrono-Gatineau

I missed the group photos while Stefan and Pierre were jimmying the keys out of my car...oops
I don't know what any of that means, but who cares, everything sounds fancy when it's in French.  For example, "vingt-six."  My time trial result may not have been the fastest, but it definitely sounds fancy that way.  So for the 11.4-mile  wait no, 18.4 kilometer (metric is fancier) time trial, we went off in one-minute intervals.  ONE-MINUTE INTERVALS!  I've been in events with 30-second intervals, and I accidentally sent off riders in 10-second intervals at an event once (this is why I should never be a race official), but one-minute intervals is legit, and it's also way harder to pass the rider ahead of you.  But I did.  Because I'm fancy.  Oh and BTW, I scraped a shoe for the first time while overcooking a corner.  Cause I'm a badass and/or a bad cornerer.

Hello road, don't let my shoe hit you in the asphalt...

Further contributing to today's fanciness was the amazing race support.  P-K Express team director Chris got my TT bike all blinged out while I was getting ready.  Then during the race, he followed me in the team car (which is really just his own van, but whatver)!  Friggin fancy.  And I can't think of a more motivating reason to haul ass than being followed by an unmarked white van.  I later got to ride in said van and watch my teammate Suzie crush the hills. 

Anyway, I plan to spend tomorrow's rest day celebrating my birthday with some snails and poutine.  But right now it's time to hit the piscine with some teammates.

Full ITT results here.

No comments:

Post a Comment